Monday, October 12, 2009

Ken's Recap of September

I was a part of the examining counsel and installation of Antonio as the pastor of Restoration Ministry Church. Antonio has been involved in Restoration Ministry for seven years. He teaches the kids and young people "capoeira" (the Brazilian martial arts) during the week. Now he has greater responsibilities.

I started teaching a class on "Cross-cultural Church Planting" on Tuesday evening at the Sao Paulo Seminary. I have thirteen students. Most are involved in promoting missions in their local churches. It is an enjoyable challenge.

I continue to mentor the men at Restoration Ministries. Right now only one, Edson, is consistent. We are studying "The Theology of the Church." We are flexible as to the place but not the time.

I enjoyed watching Ysabel, my granddaughter, begin to crawl, stand and take a few steps. She is one active little girl. I enjoyed staying with Kevin and Vanessa while Arlene was gone. They tried to kill me with kindness. But I survived!

I missed my wife, Arlene, and missed meeting the newest grandson of ours.

There went September.

Reporting from Sao Paulo,
Ken



No comments: