Thursday, May 28, 2009

Victory!!!


Whoopee!!  We have our Brazilian driver's licenses.  I received mine on May 21st and Ken received his on May 27th.  So I had the scary privilege of chauffering my husband for a few days.  

We feel a sense of freedom.  We won't have to rely so much on public transportation.  I asked you to guess how long it would take to get from our home to the ministry center.  One Sunday at 4:30 that afternoon, Ken had to meet the men he is mentoring.  He left our home at 1:15, rode the bus and two subways, and then was picked up at the last subway stop by one of the men he is mentoring.  After a ride of 30 minutes,  he finally  arrived at the ministry center at 4:45.  So how long did it take?  Three and one-half hours.  Remember it was Sunday when traffic is lighter.

As we travel to the day care center, we will be trying the shortcuts that Paulo and Ireni use. 

Reporting from Brazil,
Arlene for the Flurrys

No comments: